Keeping Your Child Safe Online
How can you help to keep your children safe online?
We hope these tips are useful:
• Know what your children are doing online and who they are talking to.
• Monitor how much time your children spend online and keep the computer in or near by a family room.
• Ask your children to teach you how to use any Apps you’re unsure about (Most popular social media checklists available here)
• Help your children to understand the importance of not giving out personal details online to people they may not know.
• Remind your children that anyone online can view images/videos they have uploaded and one day a future employer could!
• They should never meet up with any strangers they have met online.
• Teach your children to be able to recognise spam/junk emails. Remind them never to open these as they won’t know what it contains – it could be a virus!
• Ensure your children know how to block someone or something they find uncomfortable about.
You may find these websites useful if you wish find out more about internet safety: